Baz is an alias of the Traveler, a character on the 80 CR television series Quelmar Goes to Space. Following a botched cargo mission that resulted in the death of his partner, he is left stuck on a donut-shaped satellite colony owned by Doshman Industries until he can repair their ship enough to reach another planetary system.
Background[edit | edit source]
Baz spends very little time pondering his origins, having spent his entire adult life hiding behind aliases and obeying the urge to wander all over the Beyond. Their ship is coated with a rainbow rust and pieced together with parts from the many wild places he's been, such as a cooling system salvaged from a lost Sunken City. Additionally, his skin is inlaid with magitech glyphs collected during his travels which grant him various abilities needed to survive among the stars. He dresses in loose-fitting clothing for easy access to these glyphs implanted across his face, arms, and torso.
Relationships[edit | edit source]
- Killian Hayes hired Baz and his partner to deliver a bomb to Doshman Industries, but an accidental detonation during landing caused severe injuries to both pilots as well as extensive damage to their ship.
- After the crash, Dr. Mara Powel pulled the pilots from the wreckage and was able to resuscitate Baz, but his partner had unfortunately died upon impact.
- Baz feels kin with Prototype J 91360 due to some of his glyph implants sharing the same manufacturer.
- Baz has a massive crush on Crux that he hasn't worked up the guts to say anything about.
List of Functioning Glyphs[edit | edit source]
- Mareglyph—allows him to breathe and sustain his own life in any environment.
- Linguaglyph—heightened perception for reading a room.
- Mutoglyph—alters his physical form for short periods of time.
- Cartoglyph—projects an auto-map filled with locations he has traveled or marked.
- Communiglyph—implanted long-range communicator.
Stories[edit | edit source]
- The Sunken City—a civilization lost to the depths on a planet flooded by a blue, viscous goo; the origin of their ship's cooling system.
- To Gather Tales—tasked with carrying a message to another satellite colony explaining how to repair an orbital system; they never got to deliver the message following the incident which trapped him on the Doshman Industries colony.