This page is about the demiplane, for the campaign named after the Demiplane, see The BackHalls (Campaign)
The BackHalls (Real name unknown) were a mysterious and seemingly unending labyrinth of hallways and office spaces, where the only companions you'll find are the comfort of the damp carpet under your feet, and the buzz of the florescent lights above. Creatures from all manner of time and space found themselves in the BackHalls fighting for survival.
The walls of the BackHalls were said to be covered in an offensive wallpaper of beige and yellow colors, featuring vertical columns of repeating fleur-de-lis. There were no doors in the hallways, only open passages, though whether or not there were historically any doors is an open question, considering that wooden debris could be found in various places.
Encounters[edit | edit source]
This is an incomplete list of things encountered in The Backhalls (so far).
- SWAT Marines
- Dire Wolves
- A wall mounted font which liquified (soupified?) anything placed into it.
- An altar, written in gnomish: "The Altar of the GlassBreakers"
- Trapped chambers which shut and fill with sand if triggered.
- Oil Barrels filled with assorted items.
- Wall mounted Conversational Security Cameras with mic and speaker.
- The Kreaker
- Portals that let you enter the walls.
- Death Dogs
- Half Giants
- Hill Giants
- Locked Chests of Good Loot
- Spells that appear out of nowhere
- Puzzles written into the floor
- A Stuckey's
- Random bursts of fire
- Trapped chambers which lock you in.
- Chambers that make you lose all you senses.
- Teleporting bugs
- A sleepy Yagnoloth
- Vampires and vampire kobolds
- Sundry demons
- Various altars
- Secret doors
- Portals to other parts of the halls
The Vestiges[edit | edit source]
Sometimes called the Bosses or the Masters, the Vestiges are the most powerful creatures in the halls.
- The Allip
- The Eviscerator
- The Ogre Warlord / War Hulk
- The Dire Troll
- Dragon Ashardalon.
- Demon goristro