Plot ~ 750BR Campaign Begins[edit | edit source]
Icewind Dale has become trapped in a perpetual winter. Ferocious blizzards make the mountain pass through the Spine of the World exceedingly treacherous, and this land has not felt warmth of the sun in over eight years. In fact, the sun no longer appears above the mountains, not even in what should be the height of summer. In this frozen tundra, darkness and bitter cold reign as king and queen. Most dale residents blame Auril (oh-REEL) the Frostmaiden, the god of winter's wrath. The shimmering aurora that weaves across the sky each night is said to be her doing a potent spell that keeps the sun at bay.
Dalefolk live in a scattering of settlements known as the Ten-Towns. The drop-off caravans coming from the south and travel between settlements in this never-ending winter has left everyone feeling isolated. Although each town has resolved to appease the Frostmaiden with sacrifices of one kind or another, no respite from winter's fury seems forthcoming. Recently, reports have been made from the (neighboring) contintent Isonhound of possible effects reaching the lands from the Frostmaiden. With no end in sight, this seemingly perilous spell will consume all lands if no one is able to stop it.
For adventurers such as yourselves, Ten-Towns is a place to test one's mettle and, in the spirit of heroes who have come before, leave one's mark on this frigid blighted land.
Characters[edit | edit source]
Oisín Mosshill - David R.
Picklz - David M.
Leif Gladefel (a.k.a. Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way) - Craig R.
Hubert (Huey) del Toro - Sunny R.
Mireille Daphnes Nohansen - Rachel T.
Verglas Tundrachian - Jeff B.
NPCS Met So Far[edit | edit source]
Jeff Bridges - Polar bear, mutual friend, acquisition of rare objects
Hlin Trollbane - Dwarf, Retired bounty hunter
Torrga Icevein - Dwarf, Owner of Torg's, a traveling second-hand merchant of the Ten Towns
Sephek Kaltro - Humanoid , Bodyguard to Torrga (Deceased)
Terrance - Stable Master of Easthaven (Deceased)
Pallando - Colleague and housemate to Alatar (Deceased)
Tali - Half-elf, environmental scientist
Pliam - Lakemonster in Bremen, new friend of Oisín
Ravisin - the Ice Druid awakening beast to destroy the Ten Towns (Deceased)
Nimsy Huddle - Townspeaker of Lonelywood, maker of cookies
Shrubbsley - the awakened Good Berry Shrub, friend of Mireille
Wrappers - the resurrected Mummy smelling of Pumpkin Spice
Session Highlights[edit | edit source]
Session 1: The Journey Begins[edit | edit source]
- Players all meet on Huey's boat called The Kels'
- Picklz wastes no time in stealing things off other PCs
- Oisín talked to a bird
- Some PCs got sea sick
- Encountered a friendly sea-monster (Lapras)
- Safely made it to Bremen and booked a warm room for the night.
- Party learned Jeff Bridges is not in Bremen
Session 2: Cold-Hearted Killer[edit | edit source]
- Party met Hlin who gave the party a bounty
- Picklz stole some snowshoes for travel
- PCs traveld to Targos and on the way encountered some magical Chardalyn
- Once entering Targos, the party met with Torrga and Sephek
- At the end of session, Oisín perished in the fight against Sephek; but was brought back to life with unknown consequences
Session 3: The One Where No One Died[edit | edit source]
- The group got some cool weapons of Sephek, Picklz took his head as a backpack
- Group returned to Bremen to collect bounty from Hlin
- Group finally met up with Jeff Bridges who asked for their help with a request from a friend Alatar.
- Party made their way to Good Mead to find Alatar
- Party decided to take short cut through the woods and found a party of Koblods.
Session 4: HOUSEMATES (not roommates)[edit | edit source]
- The party started to fight the group of kobolds when Alatar arrives
- Together they vanquish the kobolds and find out that Alatar is looking for their colleague/HOUSEMATE Pallando who has gone missing.
- Group travels to East Haven, Pallando's last known whereabouts
- Pallando is found on the outskirts drunkenly talking to a weird tree
- After going into town and exploring, Pallando is killed in the inn and Huey knocked unconscious.
Session 5: An Un-STABLE Situation[edit | edit source]
- The party took up Alatar's deal to get to the bottom of Pallando's murder
- Followed a trail that lead to the stables and the family Decapreaye
- Terrance, the stable master was stabbed and abducted by the group
- Further information from a civilian party revealed that the Decapreaye's are just the Sunblights in disguise.
- The party set out of Easthaven heading south and interrogated Terrance further.
- A visit from the Frostmaiden and a message was given.
- The Night Knight was given a vision in the night.
Session 6: Gone Fishing[edit | edit source]
- Players met an NPC scientist named Tali
- Went fishing and made a new friend, Pliam
- Huey was MIA for the one sailing episode
Session 7: Unloved or Unlovable?[edit | edit source]
- Huey called out Edge Lord within the first 2 minutes of the game... something along the lines of "You wouldn't understand the concept because you're unlovable but home isn't a place but people you love."
- Team traveled to Termaline on their way to Lonely Wood and picked up a book on Abyssal for Mireille.
- Team also picked up Termaline town quest for clearing out Kobold infested mines.
- Session ended with party defeating a Grell.
Session 8: Zombie Rats, Kobolds, and a T-rex[edit | edit source]
- Party proceeded to squish out the life from a zombie rat
- Picklz and Edge Lord both vomitted, which Mierelle slipped on
- The party killed some more Kobolds and went further into the mines
- Defeated Trex and a ghost appeared.
Session 9: A Minor Issue[edit | edit source]
- The party greeted the Ghost of Janth and acquired a magical satchel
- Mireille recovered the Wisdom stone, as well as Janth's journal detailing their expedition and the whereabouts of the Master Sword.
- The skull of a mind flayer was crushed and a psi crystal was found. (Picklz cried)
- The party returned to Termalaine and await their reward for clearing out the gem mine.
- Huey and Edge Lord went on a shopping spree and purchased: 5 flavors of instant ramen, Glacieraid, a Firbolg snowglobe (from Globey's Emporium), and a ridiculously oversized pencil (w. sharpener) that acts a javelin.
- Mireille and Oisín went to the library.
- Picklz was being Picklz
Session 10: Get Me Some of that Good Wood[edit | edit source]
- the team decided to make their way to Lonelywood after hearing news about a white moose from a librarian
- After making their way to Lonelywood, the party met with the town speaker and found out more information about the White Moose problem
- being promised the Ramshackle Inn as payment for the White Moose's head, the party set off to discover the root of the cause.
- the party ate a ridiculous amount of cookies
- the story of the last elvish prince tomb was revealed... along with the location of another lost gem for the master sword.
Session 11: The Fall of Ravisin[edit | edit source]
- picking up the story in a clearing in timber site D, the Picklz found bear tracks and followed them.
- a pristine body of a bear was found, which later Edge Lord went back to bury and saw an image of their older brother.
- the next morning, our party encountered the tomb of the elvish prince and attacked the white moose that fled into the tomb.
- at the end, the party came face to face with Ravisin herself.
- a ferocious battle was fought but out Cubes were victorious and leveled up!!
Session 12: 20 Gold for Eternal Happiness[edit | edit source]
- after looting the body of Ravisin, the party explored more of the tomb
- they found an awakened shrub who they named Shrubbsley
- they also found Ravisin's sister along with the gem in wisdom. It is particularly worthy to mention that Picklz was the one who recovered the gem of wisdom. Holding it in his little rat hands, the feelings of overwhelming peace flooded into his little rat mind. He then proceeded to sell the gem (along with eternal happiness) to his own party for a quick 20gp.
- the party also gained a mummy follower they names Wrapers, after solving a tomb riddle.
- negotiations where made between the moose and Oisin which ended in mutual agreement.
- the party received the Ramshackle Inn.
Session 13: Cauldron of Plenty[edit | edit source]
- Renovations were made to the Ramshackle Inn
- The party met with Jeff Bridges and formed a plan to cure Oisin of his curse with the help of Alatar. It involved aquiring a knuckle bone from a power witch. Conveniently , there was known of an evil witch hidden in the caverns by East Haven. The group set out for their new destination and got attacked by wolves on the road. Craigsey was lost in the fray.
- After arriving in East Haven, Mistwalker and Huey (Party 1) broke from the group to try and resolve problems in Caer Dineval
- Picklz, Oisin, and Merielle met with town bard Rinaldo (Party 2) and charted a plan to get a witch knuckle bone. After exploring every inch of the Cauldron Caverns, the Party 2 fought an evil witch hiding in the Cauldron Caverns. After a close battle involving a reanimated frost giant, party 2 was victorious and required both the knuckle bone and a extremely rare artifact, the Cauldron of Plenty (CoP). It is noted that the witch was brewing human flesh in the pot at the time it was won; Picklz slurped a decent amount down before the CoP was empty.
Session 13.5: A Friend Lost But a Friend Gained[edit | edit source]
- Huey and Mistwalker traveled to Caer Dineval and met a local Quibbles (the town Nudist).
- the new band of 3 decided to try out some mystery potions
- The party was invited into the Keep to talk with the townspeaker. The town speaker inquired about attaining the Cauldron of Plenty (unaware to their knowledge the other half of the party acquired) - the party of 3 were thrown into the dungeons but escaped because they were left unguarded.
- the party of 3 explored hidden parts of the keep and managed to rescue some captives being held prisoner. - the party then approached Avarice who turned out to be a formidable foe.
- Mistwalker woke up after falling unconscious in the home of the Keep's former butler. A letter was scent by Party 2 for Party 1 to return to East Haven. Leif swore to avenge their fallen friends and free the town upon their return. He also received a fine artifact; a gift from the butler for the inspiration they brought to the town.
Session 14:[edit | edit source]
- Rinaldo, Oisin, Picklz, and Rinaldoall left the Cauldron in the care of Easthaven so long as their artificers infused the pot so that it couldn't belong to a single person or town.
- Eager to uncurse Oisin, the party left swiftly for Good Mead, leaving Picklz behind to watch the Cauldron.
- they encountered Berserkers who appeared to have gone mad from long exposure to Chardalyn.
- After arriving to Good Mead, the three came upon Alatar's home which was ransacked. Rinaldo graciously performed a seance to see if Alatar was dead and indeed they were.
- Alatar informed the group that the DeCapreay's have a fortress south of East Haven where they are planning something big. They also have aquired the master sword and plan on trying to use it powered by chardalyn. Alatar also provided Oisin with the proper way to brew this cure-all curse potion he concocted.
- Meirelle got a moment to talk with her mother before the connection was broken. A touching moment for the two.
- Oisin's curse has been broken.
- The group decided to stay a day and repair Alatar's home. They then left to meet up with Mistwalker, Picklz, and Huey to take on the Fortress next. When they arrived in town they learned of what happened in Caer Dineval.
Session 15: The Beginning of the End[edit | edit source]
- The party regrouped and headed straight for the Spine of the World mountain range.
- After climbing various rocky platforms and cliffs, the party made their approach to the no longer abandoned fortress hidden within the Spine of the World.
- Upon approach a chardyln dragon was released out from the undergrounds of the fortress. The dragon noted the party but was given another mission to complete: the destruction of the ten towns. Merielle phoned Jeff Bridges to warn him of the dragon's presence but ultimately the party decided to stay on course to rescue the master sword and bring an end to the Sunblights.
- They successfully scaled the backside of the fortress and descended upon the ice gate. They encountered several deurger enemies but quickly dispatched of them. They learned that these deurger can turn invisible and have the ability to enlarge themselves. [Unrelated to this, Kelsey started using battle maps and the players spent a lot of time running around the battle map!]
- They took an elevator down to the next level of the keep but were still locked out of the main part. They shoved the rat through a tiny crack and proceeded to teleport everyone else into an "empty" room next to the locked keep doors. There they happened upon an invisibile dwarf cowering in the corner. It was debated a while if the invisible dwarf was pooping and if their poop was invisible as well.
- Merielle picked up a new character feature where she can spend her bonus action flipping off her opponent.
- Combat with the invisible deurger was avoided however some harsh words were shared.
Session 16: A New Friend Arrives[edit | edit source]
- The players start to explore the "command level" of the keep. The first room they enter is Xadorock's war room filled with weird bits and baubles. The most interesting things found in this room was a map showing the route of the chardyln dragon's destruction as well as a caged Dragonborn prisoner called Verglas.
- The players found a likely ally in Verglas and freed him. They then found a secret tunnel to which Merielle jumped blindly in with no precautions and proceeded to be upset that they ran into a room filled with deurger.
- After defeating the deurger, they investigated more of Xadorock's war room and his quarters. They hit the mother load of treasure, however, it was heavily booby-trapped and only Picklz was able to retrieve those items.
- They passed by several other doors in this level of the keep. Verglas particually focused on the one that smelled like they were serving food. After trying their luck on another room, a mimc showed itself and almost consumed Leif.
- Verglas convinced the party to go into the dining room and they ran into Grandoplpha Muzgardt who they found an unlikely ally. Verglas got several plates of meats and mushrooms with an uncanning amount of fococcia.
- The players explored a little more and took the elevator down one more floor to the "forge level". They opened the door to the room beside the elevator and came face to face with the nightmare haunting Leif's dreams: The Night Pope (a.k.a. Klondorn -Xadorock's most trusted advisor and a barbed devil in disguise). The fight was the first time Oisin found himself utterly useless against an enemy with immunity to fire damage. It was also another doozy for Merielle. The group successfully vanquished the night pope with only his miter left behind.